Tuesday, September 3, 2013

this should have preceded the previous post...

(... found somewhere on the internet. About 15 minutes before I started setting up for my show, I was asked by the kindly promoters if I was doing anything in the performance that might be construed as objectionable. You know, using swear words, exposing male parts -- i.e., genitalia, espousing Republican values, so forth. I found it kind of interesting to later come across this little safety warning label from the local newspaper... weird. Now and again, there are these tight-lipped reminders that we still dwell in a ridiculously puritanical society. I mean, sure, this IS the dominant culture in the USA. What is pervasive is how it infects the art scene. Even in such a lovely and gentle group of young folks who operate with nothing but the best intentions and most open of minds. Solutions, anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment