Friday, May 21, 2010

The great cobble

1. Commit to a project involving the tide
2. For instance, the tide is red, a result of algae bloom; this causes paralysis when bivalves are consumed
3. Having been there, tell people "it's a long story"
4. Be glad to walk; consider states of mind
5. Red tides are like red scares, fomented further by agoraphobic regions of the country that insist/assert themselves to be "red" states
6. Dig holes in the sand as the tide rushes in; this is a futile project involving the tide
7. If I were truly red, I'd stick my head in the sand like an ostrich
8. Alas, clams are communists
9. I tell my friend Jim that I had a "secret" fluxus handshake the other day while at the Apple store: a computer tech put the antennae out there while going thru my desktop. Observing my art, he asked if I knew of so and so (artist). There was a pause: a measuring each others' response, as if to gauge whether or not this knowledge was transferable. It was a funny exchange, but in truth, much like a do-they-know-what-we-know experience or a litmus test
10. Both Jim and I agreed: we were happy to be living in shhhh (1953)
11. 24 hours, days, or weeks later, check on holes left subject to the tide project and quantify into E-Z theorized packages. For instance, write about it or paint exclusively in the color red, preferably in a continuous or roundabout manner that renders itself both simultaneously moot and cyclical...

(eyes used for tooth support)


No comments:

Post a Comment